He Is Risen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum based wbsite to disscuss anything form AIO, to life in general

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Thank you for viewing HiR. Please take your time to look around and have fun. Please join us if ypu wish to post anywhere though and as bob the tomatoe would say "God made you special and he loves you very much".
Latest topics
» Dead in Space
Bible Discussion EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 4:36 am by Charlton Heston

» Rate that AIO episode!
Bible Discussion EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 7:56 am by Chill

» Voting for the looks and feel of the site is now open
Bible Discussion EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 7:49 am by Chill

» Boot Camp: School and summer activities.
Bible Discussion EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:34 am by Marvin

» Prayers for the Pray-ers
Bible Discussion EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:01 am by Jack Alan

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
Sherwoodforest
Bible Discussion I_vote_lcapBible Discussion I_voting_barBible Discussion I_vote_rcap 
Marvin
Bible Discussion I_vote_lcapBible Discussion I_voting_barBible Discussion I_vote_rcap 
Jack Alan
Chill
Charlton Heston
Avrash
Andeslover
rodney

Bible Discussion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Avrash

Avrash

The Halo
The Halo :
Bible Discussion Left_bar_bleue0/100Bible Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (0/100)

Bible Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible Discussion   Bible Discussion EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 3:33 am

Yeaaaaah, Clay, that's uh...Gabe is right, you know. You guys can make anything say what you want it to. And sometimes...Sometimes Paul was an idiot, in my opinion!! Like the thing's he's said on circumcision, clean and unclean foods, and oaths. But we wont go into that. Very Happy Just know that th gummy bears don't go anywhere near me or him. Or Rose for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Jack Alan

Jack Alan

The Halo
The Halo :

Bible Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible Discussion   Bible Discussion EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:51 am

So you don't belive the bible is full truth??

Because Peter was yold in a vision by God not to consuder anything he had created unclean...

Acts 10:9-20

Bit to disperge any more arguing I will abide by this scripture as well

11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? 12 But when you thus sin against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, you sin against Christ. 13 Therefore, if food makes my brother stumble, I will never again eat meat, lest I make my brother stumble.
Back to top Go down
https://heisrisen.forumotion.com
Sherwoodforest

Sherwoodforest

The Halo
The Halo :
Bible Discussion Left_bar_bleue100/100Bible Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Bible Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible Discussion   Bible Discussion EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 7:02 am

And yet Clay, its the Dietary Laws he gave us in the OLD TESTAMENT. Not the new. The old testament hasn't been abolished you know.
Back to top Go down
Jack Alan

Jack Alan

The Halo
The Halo :

Bible Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible Discussion   Bible Discussion EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 7:46 am

I am aware of that fact...Since Jesus himself even said he didn't come to destroy the law but to fullfill it..

My question just was is why do you think Paul was an idiot if what he did was of God????
Back to top Go down
Avrash

Avrash

The Halo
The Halo :

Bible Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible Discussion   Bible Discussion EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:58 am

Well...It's just that some things he said seemed to totally contradict the law. Like, with circumcision. Okay, 1 Corinthians 7:19 "The circumcision is naught.." How can Paul say that?! It is The Law throughout the whole Bible! That is how the children of Israel will be recognized!! Or a verse that really irks me, Galatians 5:2 "See, I Sha'ul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Messiah will be of no use to you." That is blatant idiocity!!!
Back to top Go down
Jack Alan

Jack Alan

The Halo
The Halo :

Bible Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible Discussion   Bible Discussion EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 10:35 pm

1 Corinthians 7:17-24
17Nevertheless, each one should retain the place in life that the Lord assigned to him and to which God has called him. This is the rule I lay down in all the churches. 18Was a man already circumcised when he was called? He should not become uncircumcised. Was a man uncircumcised when he was called? He should not be circumcised. 19Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God's commands is what counts. 20Each one should remain in the situation which he was in when God called him. 21Were you a slave when you were called? Don't let it trouble you—although if you can gain your freedom, do so. 22For he who was a slave when he was called by the Lord is the Lord's freedman; similarly, he who was a free man when he was called is Christ's slave. 23You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of men. 24Brothers, each man, as responsible to God, should remain in the situation God called him to.

Galatians 5:1-5
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free,[a] and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. 2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. 3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. 4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. 5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.

OK....I looked at the verses in full and in 1 Corinthians Paul was counseling Christians and Jews who were spreading the lie that salvation was through works and faith...So they believed that of you didn't uphold the old law (even though its still relevant) then you weren't really saved....In Galatians Paul was counseling them because they had already turned a blind eye to the true gospel of Jesus Christ (Salvation through grace and faith) They had begun to turn to teaching's that were closer to what John the Revelator would have deal with 40 years after Paul's letter to the believers in Galatia... They began to believe that Salvation was through works alone and that Jesus was merely a man whom the Christ descended upon at birth and then at left Jesus the man at his death....

Both of these church's were experiencing problems were the law had to absolutely be upheld like sacrifices and that what Jesus did on that cross for you, me and the world was worthless..... Paul wasn't trying to say that the law was no longer valid or that it should be upheld, As believers in Christ we should want to uphold the law and infact I'm going to try and start doing that more...starting with the food laws...Not only do people who follow a diet that is consistent with the bible enjoy a better stomach size..I did some research and found that most of their internal organs were healthy and functioning properly in old age way better then people's who eat alot of pork and other things that God said not to...

But the point Paul was trying to make is that even if you did your very best to uphold the laws and did the sacrafices you still wouldn't enter the Kingdom of heaven unless you had confessed Christ as your savior...I'm not downing people who do uphold the biblical laws though because being a beliver in Christ should help us want to do that...
Back to top Go down
Avrash

Avrash

The Halo
The Halo :

Bible Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible Discussion   Bible Discussion EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 1:35 am

Okay then Levi, then tell me why you don't still uphold the OT?
Back to top Go down
Jack Alan

Jack Alan

The Halo
The Halo :

Bible Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible Discussion   Bible Discussion EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 7:51 am

Because I haven't been raised in that kind of household...That's one of the unfourtante thimgs about being a gentile most of us just don't know our old testament well enough Sad Sad

But I plan on being like Caleb in the bible I will study the laws vigorusly and do my best to follow them...Just not the sacraficial ones unless its for passover Smile

So if you and Gabe could it would be very helpful if we had disscussion topic on OT laws and then I could see what exactly is their..Becasue I read the Old Testament..But still don't know all the law...
Back to top Go down
Avrash

Avrash

The Halo
The Halo :

Bible Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible Discussion   Bible Discussion EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 1:12 am

Absolutely!! I guess I'll start with this: What about the seventh day Sabbath?
Back to top Go down
Jack Alan

Jack Alan

The Halo
The Halo :

Bible Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible Discussion   Bible Discussion EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 4:45 am

The sevent5h day sabbath is on Saturday,Sunday is ressurection day

They're 2 totally sepearte days with different reasons Wink
Back to top Go down
Avrash

Avrash

The Halo
The Halo :

Bible Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible Discussion   Bible Discussion EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 4:53 am

Okay, would you consider doing Sabbath on the seventh day?
Back to top Go down
Jack Alan

Jack Alan

The Halo
The Halo :

Bible Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible Discussion   Bible Discussion EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 7:57 am

I do take the sabbath on Saturday's for the past few weeks i've been trying to set it aside for no work and worship...
Back to top Go down
Avrash

Avrash

The Halo
The Halo :

Bible Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible Discussion   Bible Discussion EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:37 am

Oh wow, Levi, that is really really great!!! I'm really happy about that. Okay, the next thing is no buying or selling on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Marvin

Marvin

The Halo
The Halo :
Bible Discussion Left_bar_bleue100/100Bible Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Bible Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible Discussion   Bible Discussion EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:25 am

No buying or selling huh? No problem here. Wink But I must work on Saturdays...if I didn't my Mom would annihalite me. Wink Cause we gotta clean the house and cook. If I grow up and move out, I might try that. Very Happy But great Clay/Levi!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bible Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bible Discussion   Bible Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Bible Discussion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
He Is Risen :: He Is Risen :: Chapel-
Jump to: